Hi all,

I'd be grateful for some advice on how to arrange the fans in my new Phanteks ATX Evolv Glass case. The two things I want to achieve are: (i) positive air pressure inside the case (to control dust); and (ii) using the CPU radiator as an intake (to keep cpu temperatures down).

The following video is what persuaded me to have the CPU rad as an intake (even though I think the video mistakenly seems to think that you can only have the CPU rad as an intake if it's in the front): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNAMxZgvves).

I'm using a NZXT Kraken X62, which has a 280mm radiator, as my CPU fan and I have the three Phanteks fans which came with the case.

I can think of two configurations that might work:

1. Putting the CPU rad in the top of the case, as an intake.

In this situation, to achieve positive pressure I would need the front fans also as intakes, leaving me with a single exhaust fan on the back of the case. The advantage here is that using the top of the case as an intake might overcome some of the problems with heat pockets building up as people have observed when it's an exhaust. However the two potential problems here are that: (i) there is insufficient exhaust airflow (just one fan); and (ii) it's a top to bottom airflow configuration, that people seem to dislike for some reason.

N.B. This setup seems to be the option recommended by Phanteks support; see euro3er's post on the following link: https://www.reddit.com/r/Phanteks/co...x_top_exhaust/

2. Putting the CPU rad in the front of the case, as an intake.

In this situation, to ensure positive pressure, I could use either: (i) the top two fans as exhausts, with the rear fan as an intake; or (ii) the top two fans as intakes and the rear fan as exhaust.

The potential problem with (i) is that I'm using the top as an exhaust (which people have had problems with), and the potential problems with (ii) are that it's top to bottom airflow again and there may be insufficient exhaust airflow.

At the moment I'm leaning towards no. 1 above. I'd be grateful for some advice!

Thanks,

Matt