Thread: How to install RGB strips

How to install RGB strips

Hi all

I recently bought an Eclipse p400 that came with an RGB strip, however, I don't seem to find anywhere how to install the strip. I know that one end has to connect to a connector at the back side of the case, but I don't know where to connect the other 4-pin end.IMG_20171205_202438.jpgIMG_20171205_202453.jpg

Thanks in advance!

I think thatís to connect to another strip of LEDís if you want to. How are you controlling your LEDís from the motherboard?

The strip is in no way connected to the motherboard. On my motherboard, there is a 4-pin RGB connector but it doesn't want to stay in place when I connect the other end of the strip to it

Itís not meant to, in order to connect to the RGB header on your motherboard you need to make an additional purchase of a Phanteks Motherboard RGB LED Adapter Cable PH-CB RGB4P. This has the correct plug to fit the motherboard RGB header a connector for the RGB strip and a connector to the Phanteks Case LED Extension Cable. If you use the motherboard RGB header you donít need to connect the SATA Power Connector in the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Prykey View Post
    Itís not meant to, in order to connect to the RGB header on your motherboard you need to make an additional purchase of a Phanteks Motherboard RGB LED Adapter Cable PH-CB RGB4P. This has the correct plug to fit the motherboard RGB header a connector for the RGB strip and a connector to the Phanteks Case LED Extension Cable. If you use the motherboard RGB header you donít need to connect the SATA Power Connector in the case.
    And how can you connect the strip via SATA? I don't see any SATA connector in my case.

I have the Enthoo Luxe and that has RGB lighting from the factory with a switch to change both the colours and I think other effects, this requires power and I have a SATA Power connector labelled 12v Input to provide this. As I'll be using the RGB header on the motherboard (ASUS Crosshair VI Hero) I won't be connecting the SATA option I'll just use the motherboard header.

If you haven't already got case LED lighting from the factory then you will need to purchase the adapter cable that I have mentioned above. I don't know where you live but google the part number and you'll find where to get it, in the UK the price varies from £4.00 to £6.00 but check if p&p is included on the cheaper options!