Thread: Does a 140mm radiator fit in the Phanteks Evolv Shift?

Question Does a 140mm radiator fit in the Phanteks Evolv Shift?

Considering using a NZXT Kraken X42 for an AIO cooling setup for my build; specs say the Evolv Shift can only fit up to two 120mm radiators (front and bottom) but based on the diagram I could see the 140mm radiator fitting in the front below the 140mm fan that comes with the case. Is there anybody with this case that can confirm?

I just got this cooler this week. From what I understand (from the manual), the 140mm radiator/fan can only be installed on the front side (not the bottom). Alos, if you install a 140mm rad then you are not able to install a fan on the bottom (I need to verify this). I'm waiting for an M.2 SSD to come in (4-7 days) and I'll upload pics of the install in a week or so.

PS there was a redditor who successfully modded his Shift to accommodate a the X42 on the bottom to create a push-pull config with two 140mm fans. . It requires the use of a Dremmel - I'm not sure if I want to do that yet...
    https://www.reddit.com/r/sffpc/comme...hanteks_shift/
    Last edited by sdrao84; 01-18-2018 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Reddit Link

Ok, I got the X42 and did a quick test - it does NOT fit in either the front or the bottom. The manual shows a 140mm fan, and I can confirm that they fit on both the front or the bottom, but a radiator does not. I'm going to attempt the mod that the Redditor in the link above suggested. Unfortunate, but the X42 is such a beautiful cooler and the mod is not visible from the window so I'm not returning it.