Thread: Slight design oversight on the Evolv Shift preventing front panel installation

Exclamation Slight design oversight on the Evolv Shift preventing front panel installation

The front panel will not go on the case if you have a 120/140 mm fan installed in the bottom front with the standaard fan screws provided with the case in the outer most holes (the sliding "rails" if you will). Not necessarily a problem with 120mm fans since you can put them up a little higher, but it is a problem with certain (or all, I don't know) 140mm fans like my Noctua Redux 140mm since they can only go in one way because of clearance issues with the bottom part of the case. Attached are some photos of the current (and for me the only) fan placement of the bottom fan and the slight damage it causes to the plastic mounting bracket installed on the front aluminium plate.

Luckily it's a simple fix since the plastic mount can be unscrewed, along with the metal pins that go into the chassis, but it's a needed fix either way.

The (only) fan position this 140mm will go in, with the bottom screws being the culprit. It can't go lower because the fan shroud will hit the bottom of the case frame.

The damage it causes to the plastic bracket. As you can see there's scratch marks on the raised plastic caused by the fan screws, and it's this raised part that collides with the screw head, preventing the entire front panel from latching onto the steel case frame. Removing the raised area around the big screw hole will solve the problem.

I currently have the case fully assembled with the bottom screws removed from the fan, but this causes a slight rattle since the fan itself doesn't have any rubber or foam vibration dampening and it's only attached via the top screws.

I've mailed Phanteks about this, but thought I would post it here as well to see if others have the same issue.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I had clearance issues even using a 120mm rad. I just had it too low and I moved it up to fix it. I realize this fix is not possible with a 140mm. The clearance issue should be fixed either way. If you have mounting holes, you should be able to use them.

I got a reply from Phanteks showing some screws that I'm supposed to use but never seen before. So we'll see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by carl the cactus View Post
    I got a reply from Phanteks showing some screws that I'm supposed to use but never seen before. So we'll see how it goes.
    Hi! Could you plase share with us those screws? I was able to close the case, but using a lot of strenght, and thank to you now I know why!

Quote Originally Posted by fablib View Post
    Hi! Could you plase share with us those screws? I was able to close the case, but using a lot of strenght, and thank to you now I know why!
    Yeah, they sent me this:

I've never seen these screws in the package but they do fit and allow the front panel to be closed.

Thank you! I will go to check somewhere to get those