Thread: RGB Lighting Conflict with Motherboard - No Green

RGB Lighting Conflict with Motherboard - No Green

Hey guys,

I've just purchased a Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX (Tempered Glass) case, the RGB combo Kit, and a regular 140mm RGB Halos. So far I'm loving them all!

The problem I'm currently having is that when using the motherboard's RGB controller I get no Green lighting on any of the strips/halos. The motherboard RGBs display green, but only mixtures of Red and Blue are working on the strips, Green just displays as off.

However, when I disable RGB Fusion and use the RGB controller built into the Evolv case, all colours work. But then the motherboard LEDs are off.

I'm running Windows 7, Ryzen 5 1600, and a Gigabyte GA-AB350N-Gaming.

I currently have the case RGB output connected to the motherboard interconnect, which is then connected to the strips and the halos. Wondering if that is the correct way to connect it? Since the case has its own RGB controller maybe it is conflicting with the motherboard? However if I don't connect the case then the RGB light on the power button and the little front LED won't be lit.

Anyone else have any problems like this/solutions?

Thanks

If your motherboard has the option, run the LED calibration tool. That may help getting the signals corrected and get the green color working again. I had a very similar issue when building my Phanteks Shift with the MSI z370i. I was unable to get my case LED to match my strips and AIO cooler lighting. No matter how I configured them the colors just didn't want to sync up with each other. My motherboard doesn't offer a LED Calibration setting so I was stuck. Went ahead and bit the bullet and purchased the Corsair Commander Pro with a pack of the LED Strips just to avoid the headache.