Thread: pwm hub

pwm hub

The manual says that the 4pin connector should be connected to the CPU_fan
    How does the CPU fan get its power?
    Do I have attach the cooler leads to one of the pwm hub fan connections?

Super Moderator
    First let me clearify that the PWM fan hub is not a PWM fan hub but a PWM controlled variable voltage fan hub. It's lead with fan plug uses PWM control and send rpm to motherboard from fan header needing first fan. The lead with Sata (originally Molex) connector is to be plugged into PSU. This way the fans are powered by PSU and controlled by motherboard.
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;

But where does the cpu fan get its power, normally it is from the cpu_fan header on the motherboard
    Am I to replace this with the lead(marked cpu_fan) from the 'pwm hub'?

Super Moderator
    What motherboard do you have? Once I know that I can check and see what fan headers on it are PWM.

The reason PWM controlled variable voltage fan hub says to use CPU fan header is because it has to to be plugged into a PWM controlled fan header and because PWM fan header controls fan speed based on CPU heat which with GPU are the primary heat sources in our cases.
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;