PDA

View Full Version : Case suggestions & improvements

Goldenboy
07-28-2014, 12:29 PM
The Enthoo Luxe is almost perfect for me but i wanted some extra features like removable fan filter in front like the removable filter on top and with support of up to 2x200mm fans in front. :cool:

The front drive bays can also be just 1 or 2 and the I/O ports can just be relocated.

Where can i send some case suggestion & improvements?

brian@phanteks
07-29-2014, 11:34 AM
This is the correct place for submitting suggestions.

Goldenboy
07-30-2014, 01:19 PM
Thanks brian@phanteks! :cool:

Hoping to see this implemented in the future line of Phanteks PC cases. :o

doyll
07-31-2014, 12:07 PM
Have you watched the videos of Enthoo Evolv and Enthoo Mini XL?

LeviathanPT
08-02-2014, 03:23 PM
My suggestion would be to make a case with a 90 motherboard tray, like the TJ11 but using the same materials as the primo. I believe you guys would be able to make something out of this world.

doyll
08-03-2014, 03:58 AM
My suggestion would be to make a case with a 90 motherboard tray, like the TJ11 but using the same materials as the primo. I believe you guys would be able to make something out of this world.
Great idea, but Silverstone has patent on the 90 motherboard layout in Taiwan, Patent number : M336464

LeviathanPT
08-04-2014, 02:14 AM
Having a patent doesn't mean that it can't be licensed to 3rd parties. The question would be how much they want for it in terms of licensing and what would the case price be in order to compensate those costs. But yeah i see how it can be a pain for a young company like Phanteks.

doyll
08-04-2014, 06:29 AM
99.99% of the time a patent means only the patent holder uses it. The licensing fees 3rd parties pay means 3rd party can't market competitively against patent holder.

pureblackfire
08-06-2014, 05:29 PM
I think the cases (Pro and Luxe) should have been 10 mm wider. that way they could have easily mounted a 280 rad in the floor and a second 200MM fan in the top without removing the panel cover for the drive bays.

doyll
08-07-2014, 12:52 AM
Honestly, whatever size and design a case is will always have the "I think it should be wider, taller, shorter, deeper, etc. There is no such thing as "one case fits all." :D

LeviathanPT
08-07-2014, 11:38 AM
Sad but true :p

Shane
01-11-2016, 05:38 PM
I own the Luxe with a very high end pc build 5960x oc and 980ti's in SLI and love it but there are some things I would change.
I was going to buy the Primo but that case had door swing the wrong way and the RGB lighting isn't as good as the Luxe.
The Luxe is a bit small for a high end build, There needs to be an extra inch in width on the backside of the motherboard for running a lot of PCI-E cables as mine are slightly bending the panel pushing it out, Despite cable management as best I could.
Other thing I would do is place power button on the front of the case making it easier to turn on and off, Most people have their case placed on desk not under it, So it is hard to reach up and over.
I have top radiator in push/pull fan configuration and it fits but it is a very tight fit, Make the case taller with more room allowing for a third 140mm fan as intake blowing onto m.2 ssd drive slotted into motherboards, They don't get much air on Rampage V extreme where it's located with the 2x140mm fans I have they are too low down.

To sum up, Taller with more bays and room for a third 140mm intake fan, Taller also allows more room for push/pull on top radiator, Wider on the back side of MB tray an inch or more to allow for better cable management, And place the power button on the front of the case in an easy to reach location.
Luxe needs to be much bigger, Other than that it has been one of the best cases I have ever done a build in.
Maybe you could merge the Luxe and Primo into some super case.

Primo is good for lefties but for right handers which is the majority of folk, It's designed the wrong side, Door swings wrong way and ports/buttons are on wrong side.
If you are right handed chances are you have case on the right hand side of your desk, Primo is facing opposite way. Even if you have case on floor on the right hand side it would still be awkward to try and reach over and plug in a cable to one of the ports and also the door swing to access 5 1/4 bays.

doyll
01-12-2016, 04:31 AM
I own the Luxe with a very high end pc build 5960x oc and 980ti's in SLI and love it but there are some things I would change.
1/ I was going to buy the Primo but that case had door swing the wrong way and the RGB lighting isn't as good as the Luxe.
2/ The Luxe is a bit small for a high end build, There needs to be an extra inch in width on the backside of the motherboard for running a lot of PCI-E cables as mine are slightly bending the panel pushing it out, Despite cable management as best I could.
3/Other thing I would do is place power button on the front of the case making it easier to turn on and off, Most people have their case placed on desk not under it, So it is hard to reach up and over.
I have top radiator in push/pull fan configuration and it fits but it is a very tight fit, Make the case taller with more room allowing for a third 140mm fan as intake blowing onto m.2 ssd drive slotted into motherboards, They don't get much air on Rampage V extreme where it's located with the 2x140mm fans I have they are too low down.

To sum up, Taller with more bays and room for a third 140mm intake fan, Taller also allows more room for push/pull on top radiator, Wider on the back side of MB tray an inch or more to allow for better cable management, And place the power button on the front of the case in an easy to reach location.
Luxe needs to be much bigger, Other than that it has been one of the best cases I have ever done a build in.
Maybe you could merge the Luxe and Primo into some super case.

Primo is good for lefties but for right handers which is the majority of folk, It's designed the wrong side, Door swings wrong way and ports/buttons are on wrong side.
If you are right handed chances are you have case on the right hand side of your desk, Primo is facing opposite way. Even if you have case on floor on the right hand side it would still be awkward to try and reach over and plug in a cable to one of the ports and also the door swing to access 5 1/4 bays.
You make some interesting points.

Just for the sake of discussion;

1/ I agree, reversible door would be nice. But Primo is hardly a desktop case. The size difference between Primo and Luxe / Pro is huge. Primo also has top mounted USB ports, LED power switch, reset button, headphone and microphone jacks. With it's added height accessing them would be even more of a problem than o Luxe. I agree the multi-color lighting of Luxe is a nice feature.

2/ Added height of 1 5.25" bay would be nice. Would also be nice if the tip-up access bay could be moved to other bays. I could see how some users would like to move it to bottom 5.25 bay rather than top one. As for cable management, it has more space than most, and as much as almost any. I don't know what you are doing for cables so can't address why you had problems fitting them all. Are you using braided extensions? Meaning you have almost twice as much cable as would normally be used?

3/ I think power button in 5.25 panel would be good. But I do not agree with "Most people have their case placed on desk not under it," Fact is I don't know anyone with their computer on their desk. But as to what the actual number on desk versus under desk, I really don't know. Many of the people I know use caster bases to improve airflow to bottom vents and ease access to their computers.

FYI,
A simple mod to Luxe of taping bottom filters together allows them both to be pulled out the front .. meaning no need to move computer to access PSU filter. Was first thing I did to mine. ;)
3x of the 5.25 bays is right size for additional intake / exhaust vent (would be nice is Phanteks make an accessory vent grill for this.
Raising case 20-30mm greatly improved airlfow to bottom venting.

PH-F200SP fan needs replaced wiht 2x PH-F140SP fans. F200SP is noisy and moves very little air.
Phanteks PWM Fan Hub needs to be named .. because it is not a PWM fan hub, but a PWM to variable voltage hub.

But I digress.

Another inch behind motherboard tray for cable management is over the top. There is already over an inch (27mm) of room to put cables in. My guess is you need to do a better job of sorting out how much cable you need to manage. ;)

Make Enthoo Pro / Luxe "much bigger" and you have a Primo size case .. with is so big it barely fits under a desk.

element5
01-22-2016, 12:36 AM
Been using the Enthoo Pro for about one year as part of my Haswell e (i7 5930K) build. The case is a fantastic value for the money (with the exception of the window... scratches if you look at it sideways). It was easy to build in and has a number of features that makes life easy. The accessory that I would very much like to see is a top cover the allows fans to be mounted external to the case but still covered. It would add tremendous versatility. I suggest this based on this experience ... I'm using the ASRock X99 Extreme6/ac mobo and in the top of the case I have a NZXT Kraken X61 AIO liquid cooler (27 mm thick) with (2) 140 mm static pressure fans. The stack height of that assembly in relative position to the mobo occupies all available head room at the case top. My original intent was custom WC using EK components and a larger rad. If the accessory top that I'm suggesting was available it would open up a world of new possibilities in terms of cooling solutions. Other than that I would buy this product again without hesitation.

doyll
01-22-2016, 05:11 AM
Been using the Enthoo Pro for about one year as part of my Haswell e (i7 5930K) build. The case is a fantastic value for the money (with the exception of the window... scratches if you look at it sideways). It was easy to build in and has a number of features that makes life easy. The accessory that I would very much like to see is a top cover the allows fans to be mounted external to the case but still covered. It would add tremendous versatility. I suggest this based on this experience ... I'm using the ASRock X99 Extreme6/ac mobo and in the top of the case I have a NZXT Kraken X61 AIO liquid cooler (27 mm thick) with (2) 140 mm static pressure fans. The stack height of that assembly in relative position to the mobo occupies all available head room at the case top. My original intent was custom WC using EK components and a larger rad. If the accessory top that I'm suggesting was available it would open up a world of new possibilities in terms of cooling solutions. Other than that I would buy this product again without hesitation.

Not sure I understand your problem. You want an Enthoo Pro with a top like Enthoo Luxe has? .. but want the Enthoo Pro front? Both cases use same metal case frame, just different fronts and tops.

gondar1234
02-18-2016, 01:50 AM
Very nice, it makes me understand more.
จีคลับ (https://www.gclub88.com/download/)

element5
04-04-2016, 10:24 PM
The solution would be any combination of parts that results in more space at the top to accommodate the fan/radiator combination. If you take the dimensional stack height of the parts I described you can barely slide a piece of paper between the cooling assembly and the top of the mobo. Therefore, if a contemplated system upgrade included any radiator/fan combination with a stack height thicker than what I have now, it will not fit.

To your comment, yes, the "hump back" design of the Luxe is conceptually what I had in mind except taller so a fan would fit. The pictures of the Luxe seem to suggest that while it does provide extra top space it appears to be consumed by the removable filter ... plus it does not look like the Luxe top and front panels are offered as spare parts. Just trying to avoid having to buy a new case simply to accommodate a cooling upgrade.

Testing123
06-25-2016, 07:33 PM
I would like to suggest that you add 8mm to the width of the motherboard tray in the Enthoo Evolv ATX and ATX Glass editions to accommodate some of the wider motherboards out now such as the ASUS Rampage V Edition 10. I believe presently the Evolv ATX and ATX Glass will support up to 264mm in width. An extension of 8mm will allow boards such as the one mentioned above to be supported.

Thank you for your consideration.

doyll
06-26-2016, 02:32 AM
I would like to suggest that you add 8mm to the width of the motherboard tray in the Enthoo Evolv ATX and ATX Glass editions to accommodate some of the wider motherboards out now such as the ASUS Rampage V Edition 10. I believe presently the Evolv ATX and ATX Glass will support up to 264mm in width. An extension of 8mm will allow boards such as the one mentioned above to be supported.

Thank you for your consideration.

What you want is an EATX case, and Enthoo EVOLV is an ATX case .. ATX cases are not supposed to accommodate EATX motherboards. :D

I know of someone who is going to see if the Rampage V Edition 10 can be squeezed in. Here is a Gigabyte X99 SOC Champion motherboard, which is E-ATX at 264mm wide, inside an Evolv ATX TG. As you can see from the image below, there really isn't too much more room left for clearance, but it looks like with grommets removed the 8mm wider board may just squeeze in. A person would need to make sure the motherboard has nothing near it's edge that could possibly short out against the motherboard tray.
http://www.overclock.net/image/id/12172997/width/900/height/900/flags/LL

While I can understand your request, I would guess there are not all that many EATX motherboards being sold, meaning an EATX version would be for a rather limited market. This means redesigning a case that is selling so fast it is often out of stock is not in Phantek's best interest. If Phanteks was my company I sure wouldn't be redesigning one of my best selling products, but I would keep your suggestion in mind in future ATX case designs.

Testing123
06-30-2016, 11:34 PM
What you want is an EATX case
No, what I want is for Phanteks to extend the Evolv ATX case motherboard tray by 8mm. It already supports a width of 264mm, which is a full 20mm wider than the ATX standard (305 244 mm). Since it does support up to 264mm it is not a true ATX case as you assert here:

and Enthoo EVOLV is an ATX case

Therefore, I am simply requesting that the good folks at Phanteks extend the motherboard tray of the Evolv ATX a mere 8mm in width to support to widest motherboards being released today that aren't true E-ATX (305 330 mm) in dimension.

I know of someone who is going to see if the Rampage V Edition 10 can be squeezed in.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1418637/official-case-phanteks-case-club-for-lovers-owners/14010#post_25308531 ;)

doyll
07-01-2016, 05:25 AM
No, what I want is for Phanteks to extend the Evolv ATX case motherboard tray by 8mm. It already supports a width of 264mm, which is a full 20mm wider than the ATX standard (305 244 mm). Since it does support up to 264mm it is not a true ATX case as you assert here:

Therefore, I am simply requesting that the good folks at Phanteks extend the motherboard tray of the Evolv ATX a mere 8mm in width to support to widest motherboards being released today that aren't true E-ATX (305 330 mm) in dimension.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1418637/official-case-phanteks-case-club-for-lovers-owners/14010#post_25308531 ;)
You are correct. My bad.
So many 'ATX' cases support up to 264 width I've started considering it normal. :o
It is looking like the Rampage V Edition 10 will not fit. User is still trying.

Testing123
07-01-2016, 10:34 AM
You are correct. My bad.
So many 'ATX' cases support up to 264 width I've started considering it normal. :o
Not a problem, completely understandable. :)

It is looking like the Rampage V Edition 10 will not fit. User is still trying.

Thanks...
Even if he's able to make it work, it's gonna be a kludge (a workaround or quick-and-dirty solution that is clumsy, inelegant, inefficient, difficult to extend and hard to maintain). Thus, my request for Phanteks to add 8mm to the width of the Evolv ATX motherboard tray area.
It does not seem an unreasonable request to me, but then again, I am not in the business of making commercial computer cases.
I only know that I very much like the Phanteks Evolv ATX TG case and would like to put an ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 into one.
To me, extending the current case by 8mm in width constitutes an improvement and so I am making a suggestion for an improvement in the Case suggestions & improvements thread. :cool:

rmSX13
07-02-2016, 07:18 AM
1. Please make ALL your dust filter magnetic specifically the front panel.
2. Please make a version of your Evolv ATX Tempered Glass - a one sided one and the other as a regular aluminum cover. Having both sides as glass seems a little bit too much.
3. I know that you can make the Tempered Glass a toolless sidepanel with swing door, you just have to put a hinge on its side like a regular Evolv ATX has.
4. Make the PSU cover non-perforated just like in NZXT's so as not to see the cables underneath.
5. Add USB-C in front panel, for future proofing

Testing123
07-02-2016, 10:01 AM
1. Please make ALL your dust filter magnetic specifically the front panel.
2. Please make a version of your Evolv ATX Tempered Glass - a one sided one and the other as a regular aluminum cover. Having both sides as glass seems a little bit too much.
3. I know that you can make the Tempered Glass a toolless sidepanel with swing door, you just have to put a hinge on its side like a regular Evolv ATX has.
4. Make the PSU cover non-perforated just like in NZXT's so as not to see the cables underneath.
5. Add USB-C in front panel, for future proofing

I can agree with all of the above suggestions.

1. I've not worked with the Evolv ATX TG in person*, but from the videos I've seen, it appears the front panel dust filter is harder to get off than it should be.
2. I suppose the thinking with the tempered glass on both sides was for presentation in an open environment... a living room, or some such where the entire case will be on display. However, I have a feeling that many will probably be used for desktop enthusiast's systems where the right side panel will be much less visible or visually important. Also, one less TG side panel means one less side panel to check for cleanliness on a frequent basis. And, just to add, it may be easier to move around if needed with at least one metal side panel as opposed to 2 glass side panels.
Maybe offer a metal side panel as an add-on.
3. I love the swinging/hinged door and the way it's implemented on the Evolv ATX. Not sure if that could be done safely and reliably with an all-tempered glass panel. You don't want it loose or not secure and a solid connection to the case is important for that as well as sound considerations. If it could be done, that'd be great.
4. As I noted in #1, I've not used the case myself*, so I'll defer to rmSX13's experience here.
5. Having only 2 USB 3.0 connections on the front panel for such an expensive case seems a bit suspect. If it's a space consideration, maybe lose the reset button (does anyone really use it anymore?) and add a type-c connector in its place.

*If the good folks at Phanteks had gone with a motherboard tray width of 272mm instead of stopping at 264mm for the Evolv ATX, I'd have been one of the 1st on the list of anxious buyers.

Billy K.
10-19-2016, 02:07 PM
They finally released the Phanteks Enthoo Luxe tempered glass case. It is a beautiful case that comes in a gray version and a black one. When wil they bring out a white version?

ironblader
10-23-2016, 06:39 PM
@Bill K.
maybe never...

i asked them a week ago:

The side panel tempered glass is not compatible with the current Enthoo Luxe. For the moment, we do not have plans to release a white version of it.

Hope to have you informed sufficiently.

Best,
Phanteks Team

What a pity. I would like an white version also, but now i am quite comfortable with the grey one, because it will fit to my Samsung Side-by-Side Fridge, which is also in grey Aluminium :cool:

cheers

voog46385
12-22-2016, 07:39 PM
It is a very good and interesting for that.gclub (https://gclub.snbbet.com/)

MoDeNa
01-21-2017, 02:19 PM
Hi all,

I would like to suggest Phanteks to offer an accesory part for the EvolV ATX TG like this top mod, in order to improve case temperatures:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1598825/phanteks-enthoo-evolv-atx/150#post_25793481

Many thanks for your attention.

Kind regards,

doyll
01-22-2017, 12:31 PM
Hi all,

I would like to suggest Phanteks to offer an accesory part for the EvolV ATX TG like this top mod, in order to improve case temperatures:

Kind regards,

A few things I don't understand in that radiator tray mod. Why not remove all of the two radiator brackets crossing radiator? The radiator would be supported by both end mounts so no need for the ones in between.
Cutting off all the vertical pieces remove any structural support those pieces had before, so no reason to keep them in the tray.

Broon
01-28-2017, 12:14 PM
My suggestion for your cases is this: the USB3 connector is great in that you do not have to attach all these separate connections.
But the one problem I have run into is that when connected, the USB3 plug and cable stick out from the motherboard and this has gotten in the way of my water cooling components, as far as mounting options.

So... make the USB3 plug/connector at a 90 degree angle such as the way some SATA cables have 90 degree angled plugs on one end of the SATA cable. Then you don't bump into the cable putting stress on the motherboard connector if you hit the cable, etc. and you can have a little more room for mounting options of other gear. Or include an adapter to change the end of the USB3 cable and plug from straight to a 90 degree angle.
My Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass Edition ATX case is amazing, by the way.
Thanks!

extremeixrog
01-29-2017, 06:27 AM
my suggestion is if phanteks create a radiator bracket for enthoo luxe or luxe tempered glass to put a radiator externally of the case what do you think at this idea?

Hooded
01-29-2017, 12:50 PM
Would look ugly imho.
External rads need to be out of site

jsf124512
02-05-2017, 03:41 AM
Hi all,

Kind regards,

I'm planning to buy this case, and this mod to the top panel would be great, and better if the mesh hole is as big as a 360 rad.

doyll
02-05-2017, 11:29 AM
I'm planning to buy this case, and this mod to the top panel would be great, and better if the mesh hole is as big as a 360 rad.
Problem I see is keeping the smooth lines of case intact. What kind of vent do you think would look good on top?

capitaltpt
02-17-2017, 05:06 PM
My suggestion is you need to upgrade your Primo case and bring it in line with your other cases. RGB, USB 3.1 front panel, tempered glass, and a bottom wide enough that it can fit 133mm rads.

doyll
02-18-2017, 03:05 AM
My suggestion is you need to upgrade your Primo case and bring it in line with your other cases. RGB, USB 3.1 front panel, tempered glass, and a bottom wide enough that it can fit 133mm rads.
I agree, RGB, USB 3.1 and tempered glass would be nice upgrades/updates. But there are not many people complaining about what radiators it will fit. I think it's time to do a new case .. Maybe an Enthoo Primo M2.

sk1881
02-25-2017, 02:28 AM
I agree, RGB, USB 3.1 and tempered glass would be nice upgrades/updates. But there are not many people complaining about what radiators it will fit. I think it's time to do a new case .. Maybe an Enthoo Primo M2.

I agree that the Primo case needs updating with USB3.1 and tempered glass to fall inline with the updated Luxe and Evolv models.

MadmanRB
03-01-2017, 08:34 PM
I would like to see silicone/plastic/rubberized plastic inserts for the USB and headphone jacks for the P400 type cases.
The jacks are on top of the case and are exposed to dust/hair.
This is my only real complaint about the P400S I now own as I am coming from a raixmax GX II case and was one of the selling points for me with that case.
Top mounted ports need dust covers though :D

doyll
03-03-2017, 08:05 AM
I would like to see silicone/plastic/rubberized plastic inserts for the USB and headphone jacks for the P400 type cases.
The jacks are on top of the case and are exposed to dust/hair.
This is my only real complaint about the P400S I now own as I am coming from a raixmax GX II case and was one of the selling points for me with that case.
Top mounted ports need dust covers though :D
Good idea, but we need to keep in mind the P400 is a low cost entry level case, so obviously it does not have all the nice features a higher priced cases will have.

makza01
04-19-2017, 10:37 PM
Thread: Case suggestions & improvements Thread: Case suggestions & improvements

maxbet casino (https://sbobetgoals.com/maxbet-casino.html)

tata123
04-20-2017, 08:43 PM
Help me know more. I do not have much knowledge about this.

baccarat (https://goo.gl/rOxvhy)

Markket
06-01-2017, 11:39 PM
Goods, it makes me understand more.

ซ่อมไอโฟน (http://xn--c3c1abxjj6eb4b9kua9bj.com/) ซ่อม iPhone รับซ่อม Apple ทั่วประเทศ โดยช่างผู้ชำนาญการ

Krakyn
06-26-2017, 02:04 AM
I made an account on these forums just to make this post.

Do a refresh of the Evolv ITX!

- Tempered glass panels on both sides. I'd personally rather both transparent and no silk-screen.
- Full aluminium construction like the ATX and mATX brothers (current ITX has some plastic).
- Remove the PSU shroud. This is a small case. Having no PSU shroud makes water-cooling easier and improves air flow. I think it looks better too.
- There's one massive cable grommet in the current ITX version. Please make it normal sized. It looks weird.

That's about it.

Metacomet10
06-29-2017, 10:49 PM
Just made an account. Please make an mATX version of the P400/S or P300! I really want to get a Phanteks case because of the company's great reputation for quality and service but I can't afford a $130 case in my budget. I also understand that the current market direction is towards RGB and TG but I would buy a non RGB and non TG case if it meant a $20 or $30 price drop. Thanks for having this thread to listen to your fans!

Edit: Oh and please keep it a tower style and not a cube style. Something more akin to the In Win 301 than the TT Core V21. :D

steelhouse
07-02-2017, 02:21 PM
Evolv ATX TG: Bottom behind front would have space for a 140/120mm fan mount for intake. It should intake cool air from bottom through a nylon filter.

In my case i have mounted a Kraken 62 at the front as intake and the other three 140mm Phantek fans at rear and top, which gives me negative pressure. It seems to me, that an additional intake 140/120mm fan at the bottom would be great supplement to achieve positive pressure within the case.

doyll
07-05-2017, 05:00 AM
Evolv ATX TG: Bottom behind front would have space for a 140/120mm fan mount for intake. It should intake cool air from bottom through a nylon filter.

In my case i have mounted a Kraken 62 at the front as intake and the other three 140mm Phantek fans at rear and top, which gives me negative pressure. It seems to me, that an additional intake 140/120mm fan at the bottom would be great supplement to achieve positive pressure within the case.

If Kraken 62 is front intake, why do you have 1x rear and 2x top exhaust? Why not just have a single rear exhaust?

I like your idea of modding the bottom by adding another 140mm vent in front of PSU. It would help flow cool air to GPU.

steelhouse
07-05-2017, 06:01 AM
If Kraken 62 is front intake, why do you have 1x rear and 2x top exhaust? Why not just have a single rear exhaust?

I like your idea of modding the bottom by adding another 140mm vent in front of PSU. It would help flow cool air to GPU.

Thank you for your answer. regarding your question, why the top fans: I wasnt sure, if only rear would be enough airflow, because the two Kraken fans are only running at around 350 rpm (silent) or around 500 rpm (fixed). But i will try it and leave top fans unused. If there are no top fans running, i suppose i would not need to close the top plate, because there will be no need to press the air through the top vent anyway, wouldnt it?

I also considered to reverse rear fan as intake for more cold air and leave top fans running as they are now. This would be helping to create positive pressure inside the case.

I will probably make the mod and add a magnetic nylon filter to bottom. Which way would you recommend to perforate the bottom plate? Should i just drill many holes where the fan will be mounted and which diameter should the holes have? For airflow, it would be probably best just to remove the footprint of the fan (140x140mm) but i am not sure if that hole could be a problem for stability of the case. What do you think would be the most reasonable method?

doyll
07-05-2017, 06:37 AM
Thank you for your answer. regarding your question, why the top fans: I wasnt sure, if only rear would be enough airflow, because the two Kraken fans are only running at around 350 rpm (silent) or around 500 rpm (fixed). But i will try it and leave top fans unused. If there are no top fans running, i suppose i would not need to close the top plate, because there will be no need to press the air through the top vent anyway, wouldnt it?

I also considered to reverse rear fan as intake for more cold air and leave top fans running as they are now. This would be helping to create positive pressure inside the case.

I will probably make the mod and add a magnetic nylon filter to bottom. Which way would you recommend to perforate the bottom plate? Should i just drill many holes where the fan will be mounted and which diameter should the holes have? For airflow, it would be probably best just to remove the footprint of the fan (140x140mm) but i am not sure if that hole could be a problem for stability of the case. What do you think would be the most reasonable method?
True, if top fans are not used there is no reason to block any of the openings. Added advantage of this is top vents will flow some air out as intake fans push air in. Keep in mind a case only flow as much air out of case as is flowing in. Air flows the same way water flows. You might find the below link of interest.
http://phanteks.com/forum/showthread.php?510-Tips-amp-Guides&p=2563&viewfull=1#post2563

I don't think using the back fan as an intake will help.

When I cut a new vent into a case I remove all metal from area where new fan will be. I usually use Silverstone magnetic mounting filters because the are easy for me to get. DEMCiflex also make good filters. I would need to get my case out and do some checking before I would say how exactly I would do it, but normally panel (bottom in this case) stability is not a problem. Some of us routinely remove bottom and back punched metal grills and either run with no grill or use the 2 or 3 ring round wire grills. This not only lowers airflow resistance and improves airflow, but also lowers noise levels .. less restriction means less turbulence and less noise.

steelhouse
07-06-2017, 11:06 AM
When I cut a new vent into a case I remove all metal from area where new fan will be. I usually use Silverstone magnetic mounting filters because the are easy for me to get. DEMCiflex also make good filters. I would need to get my case out and do some checking before I would say how exactly I would do it, but normally panel (bottom in this case) stability is not a problem. Some of us routinely remove bottom and back punched metal grills and either run with no grill or use the 2 or 3 ring round wire grills. This not only lowers airflow resistance and improves airflow, but also lowers noise levels .. less restriction means less turbulence and less noise.

I think about a circular hole with 140mm diameter. But i am not sure, which tool i should use. How do you do this usually? And do you remove the computer parts before modding holes in a case?

doyll
07-09-2017, 09:57 AM
I think about a circular hole with 140mm diameter. But i am not sure, which tool i should use. How do you do this usually? And do you remove the computer parts before modding holes in a case?
I have a 140mm cup hole saw. But if I didn't have many tools I would use a jigsaw and the finest blades I could find for it. If bottom flexes any at all, I would sandwich the area for a round 140mm hole with something like 1/4-3/8" plywood screwed or clamped together so jigsaw can be turned to cut the 140mm circle. You could drill the 140m fan mounting holes in panel before cutting and use those holes to screw the plywood from bottom side. I suggest using some thicker wood blocks under the inside plywood so screws have something solid to screw into from bottom. Just be careful the blocks do not stick into the area the jigsaw bladewill be cutting.

Definitely remove everything electrical from the case. The metal shavings from saw blade could easily short out things if any are left inside of case and get onto the printed circuit boards.

amralime
11-29-2017, 01:56 PM
hey guys.. what do you guys think of a front panel upgrade kit?? since the header are removable with some screws and stuff
like for example, now the evolv line has their standard 2 usb3.0 port and audio jacks but with providing an upgrade where there are one usb3.1 gen2 type-c and also a type-a port. as for their orientation, instead of horizontal maybe putting them in a vertical alignment would solve the placement of the ports.

steelhouse
12-05-2017, 01:42 PM
They should provide an option for an intake fan at the bottom of the Enthoo Evolv ATX TG. When using a GPU with axial fans, temperature can get high inside the case which results to increased noise from GPU/CPU coolers. I did add a 140mm intake fan to the bottom of the case by myself, but it was not easy and a mess. See my album:

http://phanteks.com/forum/album.php?albumid=15

doyll
12-07-2017, 07:39 AM
They should provide an option for an intake fan at the bottom of the Enthoo Evolv ATX TG. When using a GPU with axial fans, temperature can get high inside the case which results to increased noise from GPU/CPU coolers. I did add a 240mm intake fan to the bottom of the case by myself, but it was not easy and a mess. See my album:

http://phanteks.com/forum/album.php?albumid=15

240mm fan??? Do you mean 140mm intake fan in bottom?

steelhouse
12-09-2017, 04:35 PM
240mm fan??? Do you mean 140mm intake fan in bottom? Yes, it was a typo.