PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Phanteks PH-TC14PE fan speed

Jokke69
10-17-2014, 07:51 AM
Hello folks, just bought this cooler and cant get the fan speed working with PWM, its always around 1200 rpm.
Problem is also that I cant get both fans working at same same time if connected via Y splitter and external PWM adaptor to the CPU header (4 pin PWM) . Both Fans are ok as they work if I swap them in Y splitter. I have AsusSuite program which is used to control speeds, but it has no effect to rpms at all, also tried diferent bios setting but had no effect.

Only way I get both fans working now is to have one fan connected to CPU header (constat 1200 rpm now) and the 2nd fan connected to chassis header (around 800 rpm) . Is the problem in cables or where? Would like to have some opinions to this. The noise is not too big but would be nice to get rpms to lower.

Mobo:
Asus M97 R2.0

Jokke69
10-18-2014, 12:02 AM
Hello folks, just bought this cooler and cant get the fan speed working with PWM, its always around 1200 rpm.

got fan speed sorted by using resistor cable than came with package, now fan speed is around 930 at lowest -1180 at max, made own speed setting via Asus Fan expert, only thing is that Y -splitter is not working, but I think 2nd fan is ok with chassis fan speed constant 830 rpm.