PDA

View Full Version : Evolv 140mm fans?

Sarth
02-14-2015, 07:29 AM
Hello!

I've noticed that while the Evolv is said to support dual 140mm fans in the front in place of the 200mm fan, it seems it is impossible with the hard drive cage installed as two of the bottom holes for mounting the lower 140mm fan are blocked by the metal of the hard drive cage. Is this intended? If so why is it not stated in the manual that removal of the cage is required? If not how would one fix this problem without removing the cage?

Also the holes do not allow for use of traditional fan screws, why are more screws not provided that match the ones that hold the 200mm fan in place to allow mounting of 140mm fans?

The case is brilliant, but I'm rather upset that I cannot use the fans that I would like to use.
I had checked several reviews of the case around the internet as well as the phanteks website before purchase and they all clearly say 2x140mm are supported in the front.

rok
03-01-2015, 05:37 PM
You need to use radiator screws for 2x140mm fans in the evolv. I am currently running 2x NF-A14 in my evolv and can assure you that it is possible to use 2x140mm fans with the drive cage in place.

Sarth
03-05-2015, 06:09 PM
You need to use radiator screws for 2x140mm fans in the evolv. I am currently running 2x NF-A14 in my evolv and can assure you that it is possible to use 2x140mm fans with the drive cage in place.

Thanks for the reply Rok.

I have tried using the screws that originally secured the 200MM fan that was provided and they do NOT secure the fan. The problematic hole I am speaking of is the lower right hole on the lower 140mm fan. Are the radiator screws you speak of different then the screws that secured the 200mm fan?

The only thing I was able to do with them is scratch the paint on the drive cage.

Could you provide the measurements of the screws?

I am currently running two NF-P12's in the front of mine by removing the mid plate and the drive cage and screwing fan screws backwards from the inside of the case towards the front. Then replacing the drive cage and the midplate.

however the 120mm fans don't seem to do a great deal for my GPU's cooling it goes over 80C.

edit:

Not sure if we are allowed to post links or not?
But I found some XSPC 4x30mm 6-32 thread screws on amazon would these work?