PDA

View Full Version : Enthoo Evolv Side Doors

Fireplasm
09-14-2015, 04:00 AM
Hey all, I looked around and didn't see a thread like this, so I'm making one.**

I hugely appreciate the swing-and-lift mechanism of the Evolv doors. It's an amazing feature that I'd love to see more of on cases in general.

However, I'm not a big fan of door style for the mATX size. The way it only makes about half of the panel transparent is very unappealing compared to the full size windows on the ATX and ITX versions. For those who don't need to use the HDD mount/Pump bracket in the front of the case, there is no reason to cover the interior view with a half-sized window.

I'd love to see Phanteks offer a newer mATX version with ATX style doors. Or even have the option to buy a replacement if we wanted to.

I'd like to hear people's thoughts on this. Also, feel free to post your own upgrade preferences! If possible keep it to the Evolv chasis and/or door related.

** One thread did ask for a completely opaque door options for ATX.
Another would like to see Evolv type doors for a future Luxe.

michael-evolv
09-17-2015, 12:01 AM
There's no option in your poll for solid door panels. That's the option I would like to have for the Evolv ATX.

I'd like to see the door mechanism slightly altered so right/left side doors could be used on the either side depending on which hinges were attached to the door. So swap out some simple hardware, then use a solid panel typically seen on the right, on the left. They're not symmetrical so that can't be done right now, at least not on the ATX case.

Fireplasm
09-17-2015, 01:49 AM
Thanks for the feedback. I had hoped that option 3 "Offer replacement options" would be enough to cover whatever ideas people came up with, for the purpose of voting. Upon rereading it, it now seems far to vague and not nearly as helpful as listing specific ideas for people to vote on. Unfortunately, I haven't found a way to add to the poll (makes sense so people can't change the categories after the fact).

You'd think/hope they could make a way to for us to easily switch the pins on the doors to allow them to be swappable. Its a cool idea even if, as you said, it'd only work for door that are symmetrical.

michael-evolv
09-17-2015, 09:04 AM
After posting yesterday, I noticed option 3 did mention opacity in the fine print, but the forum site was non-responsive so I couldn't edit my post then.