PDA

View Full Version : Evolv ATX Without Window

X-Ray8790
01-31-2016, 08:43 AM
Hey,

I just wanted to ask if there are plans to release a non-windowed version of the Evolv ATX? If so, can such a case be expected in the next six months?

I'm asking this because I'll buy a new case soon and the Evolv ATX is my absolute favorite, but I really don't want a windowed case, but rather a closed case with sound-damping.

Another interesting question is if there are plans to sell stuff like side panels separately.
Thought that it would be great if the windowed and non-windowed side panels were interchangeable (compatible), so that you can buy one version of the case, get another side panel as spare part and switch between a windowed and non-windowed case whenever you want.

Jiggs
02-05-2016, 10:01 AM
Totally agree, and just wanted to add another voice for this.

Evolv ATX is the case I want for my next build, but I'm not a fan of windows at all.
My second favourite choice is a different brand which offers a windowless version, but it comes with a few small compromises vs the Evolv.

I'd love a 'Silent' version of the Evolv ATX case, with sound-dampening materials covering the side panels, or at least the choice to buy a new windowless door, so that I can switch between windowed and non-windowed.

frees
05-13-2016, 01:51 AM
I registered just to ask the same. A window-less side panel would make this case much more appealing for me.

ImperialAlex
05-14-2016, 03:12 AM
Yes, a window-less side panel would be very nice and something I'd totally be happy to buy separately :)

Duality92
05-14-2016, 05:02 AM
If both panels fit the same way, you could basically look for someone that would want two windowed side panels and swap a windowed one for a windowless :)

doyll
05-14-2016, 07:26 AM
While both left and right sides are same size and hinge mount and symmetrical , the clip in pins welded to panels are not.
Being a retired design engineer / prototype fabrication master this sort flaw is unforgivable! Rant over. :D

These little things often make a big difference, and this is a perfect example of lack of foresight / experience by designers .. and it is the norm rather than the exception.

The flip open cover front access 5.25" I/O access panels on front of some cases is another example of this king of oversight. They all open up, so if case is set on floor it becomes a right pain to 'feel-plug' things into sockets. A little forthought of the mounting screws using the normal bay mounting pattern and they could easily have been reversible or even be used in other bay opening instead of just the top one.