PDA

View Full Version : Pro M Acrylic - Are there two versions? Radiator clearance questions.

Volchara
02-18-2016, 10:19 AM
1) The Pro M acrylic is a very nice looking case. I watched the CES 2016 coverage of the phanteks booth and people were saying that it would feature an acrylic window on BOTH sides along with an updated fan filter at the front (filtering the side vents).

However, the version on sale at the moment only has 1 side panel that is acrylic and I'm also unsure whether or not the side intakes at the front are filtered on this model.

Is there another revision on the way? If so, will it be soon?

2)Is this case able to fit a 280mm radiator + fans up top?

I know it can fit two 140mm fans but I cannot tell whether it will fit them with a radiator attached due to the narrow distance between the bracket and the motherboard.

3)Why is there no height clearance from the motherboard to mounting bracket?

Mounting anything other than fans up top will block access to your RAM slots, and with larger radiators the CPU block as well.

From what I've seen, having an EK Predator AIO up top, with only 1 set of fans, covers the RAM. With two sets of fans it covers the CPU and this will apply for any thick radiator and fan combo.

An extra 20mm clearance would have been reasonable and considering the case is
480 high x 500 length, I don't see why it wasn't made 500 x 500.

Hooded
02-18-2016, 11:16 AM
It's the Evolv that has the glass on both sides. Pro M is only on one side.

You can fit a slim 120 rad and fans in the top but it's so tight you have to have your 8 pin CPU power plugged in before you install the rad and fans. Fitting a 140 or 280 up top wll be very tight. If you looks at my Overkill HTPC that's in a Pro and it has a 360 up top in push you can see how tight the space is.

The Lux has more room and can fit fans in push pull for a slim rad or pull for a thicker rad.

Volchara
03-08-2016, 03:19 AM
Thanks for the input. Have been away the past few weeks and haven't had the chance to reply. I had a look at your rig and I see what you mean. High-profile memory will probably be an issue as well if its that tight. Excellent build by the way.

Still wondering if there are plans to add filters to the side vents at the front? It was mentioned at CES that they were going to update the unfiltered intakes. Has anyone bought a Pro M acrylic as of recent that can confirm?