PDA

View Full Version : Damaged Case

ZophiasDad
05-02-2016, 09:17 AM
Hello,
I purchased an Enthoo Primo case from NewEgg a few days ago and it arrived late Thursday afternoon April 28, 2016. I did not begin my new PC build until Friday and since I had taken off the panel with the window first I installed the mother board. When I took off the other side panel and began putting in the power supply I noticed that the case was broken. All of the attachment pins on the R/H side of the front plastic panel assembly were sheared off and what the broken pins were dangling in the attachment holes on the metal part of the case. I sent Phanteks an email including a copy of my invoice along with a picture showing some of the damaged pins on Friday afternoon.

The question I have is how long does it usually take Phanteks to respond to a support inquiry? Do you think that they will have any issues with replacing the broken panel? Or should I take my mother board out box up the case and RMA it back to NewEgg for a replacement? They only give you 30 days to return items that are damaged or non functional.
Thanks for your help,
Robert

UPDATE FOR THIS POST!
I finally got though to Phanteks support, the support information on NewEggs website was incorrect and the first time I went to Phanteks support site I had missed the little "contact us" flag that is down at the lower right of the web page. I had a book sitting on my desk near my monitor and I think it blocked me from seeing it the first time I was there. I had originally sent an email to them on Friday the 29th. Then today May 3rd when I had not heard anything I went back to the website and this time I saw the flag and sent support a message asking if they had gotten my email from last Friday and they wrote back fairly quickly telling me that they did not get it and to send them a copy of my invoice and a picture I had taken of the damage. It was this afternoon when I got this sent off and was not looking to hear from anyone until tomorrow. They emailed me back this evening at 7:00pm and told me that they would be sending out a replacement panel and I should be getting the tracking information tomorrow. So I would have to rate Phanteks ten stars out of five for outstanding customer service.

Duality92
05-02-2016, 10:32 AM
Give them a day or two, they're usually great with Customer Service.

ZophiasDad
05-03-2016, 07:31 PM
Please read my update to my original post. Thanks

doyll
05-04-2016, 07:55 AM
Please read my update to my original post. Thanks
And now you know why those of us who had had to deal with Phanteks Customer Support say the are so good. :D

FYI, While your editing original post with new info is good for new readers of the thread, readers who have already read original post will not see the edit / update. Therefore it is good to post after updating original post saying it has been updated.