PDA

View Full Version : Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass United States Release Date?

chris3488
05-18-2016, 11:33 AM
When will the Evolv Tempered Glass edition be available in the United States for sale in online retailers such as Amazon and Newegg. This case is the only part holding me back from building my pc since it is not available anywhere, not even in the Phanteks U.S. website last time I checked.

keithw
05-18-2016, 02:07 PM
Wondering the same. I actually emailed newegg today asking about availability but they had no idea. Really excited about this case.

Raphman90
05-19-2016, 10:57 AM
This case is the only part holding me back from building my pc.

Same, this is getting annoying, been sitting on my parts for about a month now.

doyll
05-22-2016, 06:59 AM
PhanteksUSA site says expected shipment is 23/05/2016, as in tomorrow,but that is for those who have already ordered. They are all sold.

BigFrank
05-22-2016, 08:45 AM
Let's hope they update the site tomorrow.

I would think this would be an easy build since its using the majority of the previous evolv as a template.

It's hard for me to think that getting the glass would cause this much of a delay, that all vendors are out with no eta.

Let's keep our fingers crossed...

doyll
05-22-2016, 11:14 AM
I don't know what is causing the delays.

I do know tempered glass panels in computer cases are not at all common. This is the first one Phanteks is selling. This means finding a new supplier to supply these tempered glass panels.

I have some experience in manufacturing and coordinating assembly of things. A few day delay by one of the many suppliers can rapidly become 1, 2, 4 weeks of delay it completion of project.

So while it may be hard for your to think it's much of a cause, I'm assuming you have no experience in this kind of thing.

Arm chair quarterbacking is easy .. even easier without experience.

BigFrank
05-22-2016, 03:25 PM
I don't know what is causing the delays.

I do know tempered glass panels in computer cases are not at all common. This is the first one Phanteks is selling. This means finding a new supplier to supply these tempered glass panels.

I have some experience in manufacturing and coordinating assembly of things. A few day delay by one of the many suppliers can rapidly become 1, 2, 4 weeks of delay it completion of project.

So while it may be hard for your to think it's much of a cause, I'm assuming you have no experience in this kind of thing.

Arm chair quarterbacking is easy .. even easier without experience.

Wow.. Thanks for the personal attack..

My query is only on the business level, I'm sure a company of any size would be interested in meeting supply demands as quickly as possible.

Btw, nice to meet you doyll, I hope our future interactions are more cordial.

keithw
05-22-2016, 05:01 PM
So were these already for sale on PhanteksUSA? I'm curious if the 5/23 date is for people who already ordered or if they're actually being sold tomorrow.

BigFrank
05-22-2016, 06:29 PM
It sounds like it's for people who have previously ordered, however my hopes are that with this shipment, they'll allow for the next batch of orders, and rinse, repeat ... *fingers crossed*

Synaesthetica
05-22-2016, 09:55 PM
I'm definitely going to buy this case so long as it's available within a couple weeks.

doyll
05-23-2016, 12:17 AM
Wow.. Thanks for the personal attack..

My query is only on the business level, I'm sure a company of any size would be interested in meeting supply demands as quickly as possible.

Btw, nice to meet you doyll, I hope our future interactions are more cordial.

It would appear you think disagreeing is attacking. it is not. While blunt and to the point I in no way attacked you.

doyll
05-23-2016, 12:33 AM
My guess is Phanteks' first manufacturing run was not a large number of these tempered glass cases and demand is much greater than expected.

They may now have a second run happening, or getting it ready to run to keep up with demand.

Modern manufacturing / marketing is week to week ..
The day of warehouse storage of new products is ancient history.
What is manufactured today is in transit tomorrow or by end of week, and on retail shelf in a few weeks after that, where it's sale is planned to be within a couple weeks. Look at the manufacturing date on the things you buy. Usually this date is 1-3 months before you buy it and with most product coming from the Far East this means 2 - 6 weeks at sea and about a week to reach our shelves. That doesn't leave much time on retail shelf.

Daldirus
05-24-2016, 10:27 PM
I've been eyeing this case for awhile so I emailed their support and asked how long it would be until they get more in stock, their reply was, "We will be receiving a second shipment in a couple weeks". So it will be a little while until they get more in stock but hopefully it arrives sooner than they thought.

doyll
05-25-2016, 04:41 AM
I've been eyeing this case for awhile so I emailed their support and asked how long it would be until they get more in stock, their reply was, "We will be receiving a second shipment in a couple weeks". So it will be a little while until they get more in stock but hopefully it arrives sooner than they thought.

While projected dates of things we have to do always seem to sneak up on us, projected arrivals never arrive early, only on schedule date or later.

I know, I'm a pessimist, but that doesn't make me wrong. :D

Raphman90
05-26-2016, 11:00 AM
It's up on newegg! Ships 6/3!

keithw
05-26-2016, 11:38 AM
It's up on newegg! Ships 6/3!

Thanks for the heads up, got my order in!

Raphman90
05-26-2016, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the heads up, got my order in!

No problem I know a lot of people have been waiting like me.