PDA

View Full Version : Luxe front left side LED strip suddenly unlit

Rhino
06-02-2016, 03:11 PM
Hello!

In October 2015 I bought a black Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, and a 2m LED strip for on the inside. I've really liked it so far.

However, at some point this evening, I noticed the front LED strip on the left side stopped working. I'm not sure when this happened, but I assume it happened last night. Everything else still works, the right side strips, the left top strip, the power button, and the interior strip. But this specific front left strip stopped working. Here's a picture, for reference. (http://i.imgur.com/QsMckWD.jpg)

I read about people with the same issue here (http://phanteks.com/forum/showthread.php?249-Phanteks-Enthoo-Luxe-Front-Panel-LED).

Could I be able to solve this issue myself? Would there be some sort of cable disconnected that I could reconnect? I read that it should be possible to remove the front panel, but I have no idea how since it's attached really tightly to the case.

Or should I just not bother, and contact the web store I bought it from, or Phanteks' customer support? I live in the Netherlands, so sending the case over is not really an option.

I'm having an absolutely horrible time with my PC right now... My R9 290X and my laptop are also dying on me... :( That's a different story, though.

isbelldl
06-13-2016, 06:55 AM
To remove the front cover, first pull out your bottom fan filter. Then when it's removed, there should be a gap between the front cover & the body. Pull from that gap. If the cover doesn't fully release, pull from higher up where it is still attached. When it is fully released, you should see 2 wires attached. Those are the wires for the front LEDs. Just as a quick test, unplug those & plug them into the opposite connectors. If the same LED is still unlit, you'll know it's the problem. If the other LED is unlit (unlikely), then you actually have an issue with the connector from the top LED. If both light, you'll know it was just a loose connection.

Rhino
06-13-2016, 04:01 PM
That's some genuinely good advice, thanks! I'll get to it first thing in the morning tomorrow. When I tried to take off the panel a few days ago, it seemed really tight though.

Really hope it's a loose connector. If it's not I hope I can RMA just the front panel rather than the entire 20kg behemoth.

Rhino
06-14-2016, 08:23 AM
To remove the front cover, first pull out your bottom fan filter. Then when it's removed, there should be a gap between the front cover & the body. Pull from that gap. If the cover doesn't fully release, pull from higher up where it is still attached. When it is fully released, you should see 2 wires attached. Those are the wires for the front LEDs. Just as a quick test, unplug those & plug them into the opposite connectors. If the same LED is still unlit, you'll know it's the problem. If the other LED is unlit (unlikely), then you actually have an issue with the connector from the top LED. If both light, you'll know it was just a loose connection.

Sir, you are my hero! I swapped around the connectors, and lo and behold, both the strips are working.

One of the connectors' wires was touching the case and I saw some sparks, which explains the issue. Should be good now, since I put some tape around the wire. Also finally found out how to clean the front fan filter :D

I'm so happy. Thanks a lot, man!

alanwangwang
07-19-2016, 07:36 PM
you can remove the cover , their must be solderless , or power is good connect on led strip , also can add WS2813 led strip (http://www.szledcolor.com) on it ,
make color effection