PDA

View Full Version : Noob Question: 12V Input Purpose?

macjas
06-22-2016, 05:49 PM
My new Evolve TG case just arrived and I am planning my build. I haven't done one in years so I am definitely rusty. I noticed in addition to the SATA power cable for the PWM Fan Hub, there is one other SATA cable labelled 12V Input. What is this cable for?

I'm looking forward to putting together my new PC in one of the most beautiful cases I have ever seen!

doyll
06-24-2016, 03:46 AM
It is for what it says it is. 12v power for most likely the PWM controlled variable voltage fan hub. :D

I do not have this case, but have several other Phanteks cases. All have this SATA to PSU connector.

macjas
06-24-2016, 07:40 AM
It is for what it says it is. 12v power for most likely the PWM controlled variable voltage fan hub. :D

I do not have this case, but have several other Phanteks cases. All have this SATA to PSU connector.

The PWM Hub has a short SATA cable connected to it which is the power cable for the hub. This is a distinctly different cable it appears and I cannot track the other end of it as it is routed into the top panel of the chassis.

doyll
06-24-2016, 09:02 AM
The PWM Hub has a short SATA cable connected to it which is the power cable for the hub. This is a distinctly different cable it appears and I cannot track the other end of it as it is routed into the top panel of the chassis.

I have the standard Evolv ATX without LED lighting and do not have a 2nd SATA connector for a PSU SATA power cable, so I'm guessing it is power the case's LED lighting.

macjas
06-24-2016, 08:56 PM
I have the standard Evolv ATX without LED lighting and do not have a 2nd SATA connector for a PSU SATA power cable, so I'm guessing it is power the case's LED lighting.

Yes you were right...it was the power input for the RGB power led.

doyll
06-24-2016, 10:34 PM
Glad that is now resolved. Look forward to seeing some pics of your system.