PDA

View Full Version : phanteks pwm hub

obiwankenobi
07-16-2016, 11:58 PM
im interested in buying phanteks pwm hub for some phanteks pwm fans but i have some questions.

Im going to connect the cpu fan and all other 4 and 3 pin fans to the pwm fan hub right? so all of the fans will rise/slow down the speed as the temp goes up?

doyll
07-18-2016, 03:21 AM
Phanteks really did a bad job of naming their hub.l It is not a PWM fan hub as the name implies, it is a PWM controlled hub to control 3-pin variable voltage fans.

If you want a PWM fan hub get one like the Swiftech 8-way PWM hub or a Gelid 4 or 5-way PWM splitter.

obiwankenobi
07-18-2016, 11:48 AM
hmmm i see thanks pal, another quick question
on this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xlmx_QDFiwg
1.-why mp on top/back if theres no radiator?
2.-if theres a top/front panel (aerocool battlehawk) still i should use sp/xp? im thinking in buying 3 phanteks xp ,1 front,1 top,1 back, i guess theres no difference between xp/sp, except for the automatic/manual thing pwm/voltage.

i left opened the panel frm my case for 3 weeks, now its full of dust, it looks like it was on the basement for months hahaha.

Wich 4 pin pwm phanteks fan would you recommend me for case? ahd how many
http://www.aerocool.us/pgs/pgs-v/pgs_v_bh_bk.html
this is my case ,the gpu is the one that overheats when i close the side panels the cpu stays cool.

if its usefull ,im getting silverstone pwm fan hub,i may replace the backfan.
mobo ga 970 gaming
cpu fx 8350
gpu gtx 960 gigabyte windforce oc 2gb
psu evga 650gq

doyll
07-19-2016, 03:45 AM
I think there is a thin radiator in back between fans and back panel.

I'm having a hard time understanding some of your questions.
You have a BlackHawk Black case?
What CPU cooler?

BlackHawk case has very limited airflow.

Lower front fan is blocked by HDD cage
Using top vents is not going to help because they are too far back in case. The one in middle of top might work as intake, but it would be drawing air leaking out the back one so feeding warmed air into case.
2x front intakes is going to be marginally enough airflow for GPU with 2x 90mm fans and CPU with 120mm fan.

obiwankenobi
07-25-2016, 02:12 PM
I think there is a thin radiator in back between fans and back panel.

I'm having a hard time understanding some of your questions.
You have a BlackHawk Black case?
What CPU cooler?

BlackHawk case has very limited airflow.

Lower front fan is blocked by HDD cage
Using top vents is not going to help because they are too far back in case. The one in middle of top might work as intake, but it would be drawing air leaking out the back one so feeding warmed air into case.
2x front intakes is going to be marginally enough airflow for GPU with 2x 90mm fans and CPU with 120mm fan.

Sorry i sometimes dont explain quite well myself.

Yes i have a blackhawk black case--http://www.aerocool.us/pgs/pgs-v/pgs_v_bh_bk.html
the cpu cooler is phanteks tc12dx
gpu gtx 960 windforce oc 2gb, the small blue version

yes you are right, the lower front fan is blocked by hdd cage, i tought that fan was to cool the hdd.
the top panel and side panels overheat, its hot to touch. almost harming, tough the cpu temp stays on 60 and gpu 70-75 , (this is when i open the side panel, the cpu lowers to 50 and gpu to 60)

Do you think it would be better to buy a phantom 410 case instead of 3 phanteks 120xp?

doyll
07-26-2016, 02:27 AM
I have never used the Phantom 410 or your Blackhawk. Personally I would not want either one, so it's very hard for me to help you.

Death2gnomes
07-27-2016, 08:57 AM
Looking at the link for the Blackhawk case, it looks like it has sufficient room for good airflow, room for plenty of fans, like its not a small case. My question now, if its over heating, what is the fan configuration, how many intake and how many exhaust?

The lower intake fan still blows air, just not as much if it wasnt blocked by the HDD cage. Is the HDD cage removable? do you only have 1 HDD or SSD? If yes, I'd try to mount them in the empty optical drive bays, and remove the HDD cage.

Also, if the CPU cooler fans are mixed up (both blowing into the cooler) or exhausting in any other direct then towards the rear fan, the case will get hot too.

doyll
07-27-2016, 10:11 AM
Size of case is not the problem. Number and placement of vents is.