PDA

View Full Version : Phanteks Enthoo Primo + SSI EEB ASRock EP2C612 motherboard - will that fit ?

chostelet
12-10-2016, 03:47 PM
Hello,

After browsing a lot of various discussions, I came to the conclusion that, while the Enthoo Primo is advertised to accept SSI EEB motherboards, in fact it actually does not support them. It has enough space to accept the motherboard (12"x13") but not all the required standoffs.
The issue appears to be with some standoffs whose locations do not correspond to what is needed for a SSI EEB MoBo. (3 of the motherboard's holes remain "orphans").

Is that still true? Has Phanteks made corrections so one can really install a SSI EEB board with all its stand offs screws?

Neither the pictures, video nor the user's manual is clear on that topic (speaking vaguely of E-ATX but not of SSI EEB).

Is anyone able to tell me what is the thruth?

Christian - Grenoble

doyll
12-11-2016, 05:04 AM
I'm trying to find the answer to same question. Will hopefully have an answer in a few days. ;)

chostelet
12-11-2016, 09:05 AM
Eager to hear you back... :rolleyes:

In fact I'm considering an ASRock EP2C612 WS or an ASUS Z10PE-D8 WS motherboard.
Both are described as SSI-EEB form factor...
but it looks like the fixtures are a bit different.
It would be great that Phanteks had made arrangements to allow the addition of spacers to the necessary locations.
I would rather not have to drill the back plate of the case.

chostelet
12-12-2016, 09:54 AM
Hello,

Got a swift answer from Phanteks support => No full support for SSI-EEB (missing holes).
Reason given is a lack of industry standard for those SSI EEB standoff holes.
Phanteks is not even looking for drilling those small additional holes for some major motherboard brands.
I got proposed a workaround (that I've already seen in an other forum) to use some plastic standoff to avoid bending the motherboard. Probably what I'll use.

And I think, advertising the Enthoo Primo accepts SSI-EEB is a bit unfair. (E-ATX yes, SSI-EEB no).

chostelet
12-13-2016, 07:02 AM
Hello,

Just got an other answer from Phanteks support.
The picture and manual are not up-to-date. Additional holes are available to help support SSI-EEB motherboards.

Now just need to make sure my reseller will provide me with latest version of case.

romanze7
12-15-2016, 09:48 PM
I'm trying to find the answer to same question.

สมัคร sbobet (https://sbobetgroup.com/register-sbobet)

chostelet
01-12-2017, 10:35 AM
Hello,

Got the Enthoo Primo case as well as the ASUS Z10PE-D8 WS motherboard (SSI-EBB form factor).
After changing some standoffs 'position I was able to install the motherboard with all its screws but one.
In fact I couldn't affix a standoff at the location between the CPU1 memory slots and the SATA connectors due to some screw being already at this position.
However this should not be a problem.