PDA

View Full Version : optional fan for PH-TC14PE

ReadyMan
05-22-2013, 12:21 AM
I purchased a PH-TC14PE cooler from amazon and got it installed and am very happy with it!
Dont quite know why so many have issues with the fans not fitting with certain RAM, as the fans can be adjusted up....at least that worked for me with GSKILL RAM.
Sadly, one of my cooler fans was DOA, and I've RMA'd it, and am looking forward to receiving it.

In the meantime, I'm interested in a 3rd fan for my cooler.
However, Amazon wants $13 to ship it to me.

will the Phanteks PH-F120S fan (which has free shipping) work with my cooler?

It doesnt sound like much, but the free shipping is a factor, especially since I am already out the shipping cost of sending back the dead fan which doesnt work (frustrating TBH since I paid for a functioning product, and it's costing me more to get one...as well as the fact that I have to wait to optimize my new system until I get a working fan :/). I'd buy the regular fan if it had free shipping....

kaakaan
05-22-2013, 12:59 AM
Don't you have another store you can buy from?

ReadyMan
05-22-2013, 11:52 PM
Don't you have another store you can buy from?

No. Newegg wants $18 to ship it, Frozen CPU wants $13 or so as well.

Any help from Phanteks on this other fan? Or any other options?

--EDIT-- It seems ridiculous to pay almost half the cost of a cooler and 2 fans, for a third fan to make the cooler complete.

doyll
05-26-2013, 03:39 AM
3rd fan does very little and as for "complete" it is complete with 2 fans. 3rd is an "add-on". If you are using the PWM converter and "Y" splitter to control speed on stock fans how do you plan to control the 3rd fan?

ReadyMan
05-26-2013, 02:09 PM
My MB has a CPU plug and also a CPU_Option plug. So I'll use the splitter for the option and the 3rd fans.

ReadyMan
06-01-2013, 04:50 PM
--UPDATE--
Going on 3 weeks since I informed Phanteks, and STILL waiting for my RMA fan to get shipped from them.

I installed the new fan which I bought from amazon (bought it and got it in 3 days), and it's got a problem too. It has a non stop chirping sound as it rotates. VERY annoying. So much so that the only way to drown out the sound is to run the system fans at full speed, which is very loud. Sigh. Guess I'll have to RMA ANOTHER fan, and be out MORE cash.
I wish I'd have purchased the Noctura cooler instead. I went for Phanteks because it looked better (and the Noctura really is ugly :) ).
3 fans = 2 with problems. --> Poor choice.

doyll
06-02-2013, 01:08 AM
I can't understand why Phanteks is taking so long. Actually I'm surprised you even had to send in the defective fan. I had a cooler RMA which they sent me a new cooler and asked me to please put my defective one in box and they had UPS pick it up.

ReadyMan
06-02-2013, 10:46 PM
Well, I'm giving them an opportunity to make things right. I sent them an email regarding the 2nd bad fan. I dont want to pay to ship it back. Let's see if they'll send me a new one once they confirm my purchase.

doyll
06-03-2013, 01:15 AM
Please keep us posted of how this progresses.

brian@phanteks
06-03-2013, 10:10 AM
I have spoke to our RMA department. In case you didnt know many of our office workers have gone to Computeks in Taiwan, and everyone has been working on getting our newest products ready for the show. Im not sure if the service has contacted you yet but I have informed them to take care of you. I will try to get in touch with them again to see whats going on with your RMA and try to get your replacements out to you as soon as possible.

ReadyMan
06-03-2013, 07:24 PM
Thank you for the reply.
No I didnt know about the Computeks show.

Sounds like I just hit a bad string of fans, at a bad time. Heh.

Also, no, I still havent received any word about my RMA (which was delivered and received by your office at 10:50 am on May 25).

I sent an email last night to your support dept. regarding the latest fan that I purchased which has the chirping noise.
I havent heard anything today about that fan.

Thank you for helping me with this.
I appreciate your assistance.

ReadyMan
06-04-2013, 06:52 PM
I got a call from Brian today.
They apologized for the delays and offered to fill up my case with any fans it needs in addition to replacing my 2 bad fans.
I was just hoping to save having to ship the 2nd fan back, so was a bit surprised at the generosity of Phanteks.
They are sending me an additional 2 fans for my case.

I got a shipping notification today, so hopefully should have the fans by the weekend, and I can get my system finished!

This is an excellent example of making a customer feel cared for.

Thanks Brian and Phanteks!

doyll
06-05-2013, 01:04 AM
That sounds like the kind of service Phanteks normally provides!

ReadyMan
06-08-2013, 09:30 PM
Got my fans yesterday.

Thanks Brian!

Got them installed today. I had a tough time getting everything plugged in (the cooler takes up all the room), but it's all working now and my case is showing a cool 32 degrees.
I'll do some prime95 testing in a bit and we'll see what this new case/cooler/fans can do to keep my 3770k cool.

kabbik28
10-24-2017, 08:18 AM
You have described all this well. That's what I meant, revelation!